It is difficult to capture in a few words, just how good this book is [Animal Assisted Play Therapy]. This text is a truly extraordinary and compelling synthesis of theory, practice and fundamental principles, written in an easy to understand style, by two authors who clearly have a love for what they do and who want to promote scientific and compassionate practice with animal assisted interventions. The book is essential reading not just for those with an interest in the professional practice of Animal Assisted Play Therapy, but also for anyone more broadly interested in how animals can enrich our lives and wider society. This book will clearly be a classic in its field.
- How Parents Can Help Children Through Traumatic Events – Expanded
- Pandemic Response for Mental Health and Play Therapists – Some Thoughts and Considerations
- The Concept of Resistance In Therapy: A Reexamination During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Supporting Parents in Times of Crisis to Help Regulate the Emotional Temperature at Home
- Case Formulation Guide for Professionals Working with Children and Families