Professionals in the field of animal-assisted interactions have long sought an experience- and science-based text. This is it. The authors provide comprehensive information across the treatment spectrum, from choosing an animal through working with that partner to the end of that partner’s career. The reader is challenged to look closely at his/her own work. Practicing empathy and respect for animals as well as clients is artfully woven into every chapter. This book needs not only to be on the shelf, but also to be read by every human healthcare professional who works with animals.
- How Parents Can Help Children Through Traumatic Events – Expanded
- Pandemic Response for Mental Health and Play Therapists – Some Thoughts and Considerations
- The Concept of Resistance In Therapy: A Reexamination During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Supporting Parents in Times of Crisis to Help Regulate the Emotional Temperature at Home
- Case Formulation Guide for Professionals Working with Children and Families