Proceedings of the 2023 AAPT Conference
12 total continuing education credits/clock hours will be awarded to participants who watch the entire conference and complete the necessary assessments (choose the CE credits option below when you register).
Now available as an online course! On February 20-21, 2023, we held our third annual online Animal Assisted Play Therapy® Conference, It featured 12 presentations which are now available, collectively, as a self-paced online course. 12 continuing education credits are available for an additional fee and for those who complete the entire course and the assessment. The topics and presenters are listed below. The full schedule and many more details are in this flyer. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- KEYNOTE: From Page to Paw: The Science in Animal Assisted Play Therapy™ (Kirsty MacQueen)
- AAPT and Autism: A Winning Combination (Lisa Mink McGowan)
- Rabbits and AAPT: Practical Considerations and Case Study (Rikki Ford)
- Research Exploring Interactions Between Children, Dogs, and Handlers in School Settings (Dr. Helen Lewis & Dr. Janet Oostendorp)
- Another Perspective on AAPT with Clients on the Autism Spectrum (Jill Robinson)
- Equine Assisted Play Therapy™: Strengthening Healthy Attachment Relationships (Tracie Faa-Thompson)
- KEYNOTE: The Importance of Building a Partnership in AAPT (Diane Dioguardi)
- Anxiety Buster: Cognitive Behavioral AAPT (Erin Olheiser)
- Woof/Woof Pronouns: A Randomized Controlled Trial of AAPT Groups for Transgender Youth (Dr. Katharine Wenocur & Erica Smith)
- Puppy Socialization and Animal Assisted Play Therapy® (Dr. Mary Rottier)
- Equine Assisted Play Therapy™: Preparation of Horses (Ann Elliot)
- When Therapy Animals Grow Old: Retirement, Animal Agency, & Anticipatory Grief (Dr. Risë VanFleet)